THE THRIVE STORY
From Extreme Restriction to Thriving in Life…Do any of these sound familiar?
- Obsessing over food, fitness and your body.
- Counting calories, carbs and fat grams.
- Spending hours exercising on a StairMaster or treadmill.
- Wanting a sense of control and self-confidence.
- Never feeling really good (frequently bloating, tired and anxious).
That was me too (for 14 years). Until I found a different way: Freedom.
Watch the Thrive story (as seen on CBS) that inspired my mission to changing healthcare and help you take back your health too…
YOUR LIGHTBULB MOMENT
It will come when you wake up and realize that you can have whatever you want. The answer to “thriving in life” is NOT in another book, meal plan, diet, workout or therapy appointment. It’s a choice you get to make.
Today I help women, like you, say “yes” to thriving in all areas of their lives.
The world needs more of you. Healthy. Confident. Strong. I believe it. Do you?
Hi, I’m Dr. Lauryn Lax, expert nutritionist, occupational therapist, coach, and a woman on a mission to help you end the war with your body, food and fitness.
Do you wake up every morning, wishing that something was different? Or think: “If only I was ____ (thinner, leaner, healthier, prettier, etc.), then I’d be good enough?” I used to think that too. But, after spending 14-years in bondage to an eating disorder, I finally decided, enough! I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I had to find a new way.
I did and, today, using my own journey as inspiration, along with my clinical expertise as a Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Functional Medicine Practitioner & Nutritionist, I offer 1-on-1 Sessions, the Thrive Life Project (My 30-Day Online Nutrition, Fitness, Mindset & Lifestyle Transformation Program) and Education (Thrive’s Daily Blog, Podcast and Online E–Courses) to help other women thrive in their lives too.
Yes, I am a clinician, but I don’t treat problems. I don’t even treat symptoms. I treat people: You, the whole person. I treat women. And I dig deeper: looking at the roots of your struggle, addressing your mind, body and soul.
When you work with me, your transformation stretches far beyond just changing your body. It also changes how you think.
MEET DR. LAURYN
Who I Am:
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (Belmont University)
- Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (Nutritional Therapy Association)
- Institute of Functional Medicine (AFMCP)
- B.A. Journalism/Communications (University of Texas)
- Certified Fitness Professional (ACE, CrossFit Level I)
What I do:
- Functional Medicine
- Nutritional Therapy
- Counseling, Coaching & Occupational Therapy
- Eating Disorder Recovery Coaching
The Real Me:
· I love mornings
· Mondays are my favorite day of the week
· Julia Roberts (actress) and I share the same birthday
· As a kid, I wanted to be a writer and the “next” Katie Couric on the Today Show
· My biggest pet peeves are wasting time and traffic
· Country and boy-band music from the 90’s gets me singing and dancing
· I grew up in Arkansas
· Austin, Texas is my favorite place on earth
· Beach over mountains any day
· I love volunteering with kids and visiting older people in the nursing home
· I have an Amazon Prime addiction (love reading new books)
SO WHAT’S IT LIKE TO WORK WITH ME?
Think of it like two friends having coffee together meets life-changing results plus the best mind AND body you’ve ever had.
I work with clients both in my beautiful city—Austin, Texas—and all over the world (via Skype and phone) to stop settling and start thriving!
You, my friend, are a powerful force to be reckoned with. Let’s make that “coffee date” and rock this together!
FREE THRIVE KICKSTARTER GUIDE
Get a taste of what Thrive’s holistic approach to wellness: 7-days of easy recipes, energy boosting workouts, daily missions and personal growth Thrive Projects. Start thriving now.